O’Malley Hansen Communications is an entrepreneurial agency focused on building brand visibility and company reputation through media relations, social media, corporate communications, employee engagement and influencer outreach. With offices in Chicago, New York and St. Louis, our team includes professionals with experience in agency, corporate, government and association environments providing superior client service to our growing list of marquee clients.
The agency is currently seeking a team member with 4-7 years of experience to join our Chicago office and participate in both consumer and corporate projects for a variety of B2B and B2C accounts in multiple industries. The team member will be responsible for managing strategic, creative and results-driven communications program projects, leading junior team members and assisting with new business initiatives.
Candidates should possess strong writing and communication skills and be able to handle multiple roles. Agency experience is strongly preferred and experience in corporate reputation is helpful. Candidate should also have a strong interest in learning how to succeed in professional services and an enthusiasm for working in an entrepreneurial environment.
- Lead, build and maintain relationships with clients by providing sound counsel, creative problem solving, idea generation and flawless execution
- Develop and edit high-quality, mistake-free content, including press materials, Q&A’s, proposals, communication plans, social media content and general client correspondence
- Develop budgets, manage financials and implement projects from concept to execution
- Manage and mentor junior team members to help them develop strong skillsets
- Successfully lead media relations efforts through key message development, pitching compelling stories and building strong relationships with industry and national media/influencers
- Monitor, analyze and report on client/industry-related news
- Understand client industries and develop recommendations to help them stay ahead
- Some domestic travel required; driver’s license required
- Proven ability to effectively organize and manage multiple responsibilities in varying industries
- Superior plan development and presentation skills
- Experience in developing and implementing integrated social and traditional strategies
- Exceptional team and account management skills
- Positive, flexible attitude that lends itself to effective client relations and service
- Efficiency in researching, analyzing, reporting and presenting research
- Able to work and deliver with minimal supervision
Qualified applicants should send resume and cover letter to O’Malley Hansen Communications