O’Malley Hansen Communications is an agency focused on building brand visibility and company reputation through national and local media relations, social media, employee engagement and influencer outreach. With offices in St. Louis, Chicago, New York, Los Angeles and Madison, our team includes professionals with experience in agency, corporate, government and association environments providing superior client service to our growing list of marquee clients.
The agency is currently seeking a social media strategist to join the Chicago office.
As a member of the O’Malley Hansen Communications team, the social media strategist will support strategic, creative and results-driven online communications programs for a variety of local and national brand accounts. Candidates should have experience creating and executing social media and digital marketing strategies. Background in community management and/or public relations/communications is required. Experience with metrics, analytics and paid social is also required.
Position and Duties could include:
• Serving as day-to-day social media lead
• Managing communications across branded communities on Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn, Twitter, Pinterest, YouTube, Snapchat and additional approved platforms
• Creating thumb-stopping and relevant visual content (multimedia graphics, pictures, infographics, succinct copy, etc.) to engage key audiences across all social platforms
• Growing client following and online brand awareness through strategic campaigns and regular engagement
• Designing, executing and optimizing objective-driven social media advertising campaigns
• Actively tracking metrics via native platforms and third-party platforms to evaluate success of efforts
• Making suggestions to senior management on social media improvements and strategic direction for current clients and new business prospects
• Providing guidance for clients’ owned social media and digital marketing efforts, including customer service community management, remarketing, email drip campaigns and web development
• Integrating social media across traditional public relations and offline events
• Collaborating across offices to develop content ideas and communication strategies
• Coordinating content scheduling and campaign logistics as required
Skills and Requirements:
• 3-5 years social media and digital marketing experience, preferably in an agency environment
• Proven experience managing social media platforms such as Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn, YouTube, etc.
• Proven record of managing advertising campaigns on social channels
• Advanced skills in Excel and PowerPoint, as well as social media analytics (e.g., understanding measurement, benchmarks, campaign reporting)
• Proficiency in native social analytics dashboards (e.g., Twitter Analytics, Facebook Insights)
• Superior creative writing and editing skills
• Exceptional project management skills and experience
• Highly organized and independently motivated with an attention to detail
• Strong verbal, interpersonal and presentation skills
• Ability to capture clients’ unique messaging and tone
• Ability to put complex digital marketing information and data into laymen terms
• Ability to handle sudden deadlines/quick turnaround
• Strong judgment and decision-making acumen
• Design / photography / video / multimedia skills a plus
Qualified applicants should send resume and cover letter to email@example.com.
*Relocation is not provided.