Are all agencies alike? Not by a long shot. We founded O’Malley Hansen Communications after leaving big firms with the goal to build a business that delivered the innovation and quality of the largest multi-nationals with an innovative culture that only an independently owned agency can deliver its team members. Twelve years later we have won multiple awards on behalf of marquee brands. Here’s what you can expect at OHC:
• Client opportunities that put team members in Hawaii frequently, at the Super Bowl repeatedly and in Ellen’s chair at least once and in front of clients all the time
• An open culture with no silos. We share one budget and work across offices and practice groups … and share the rewards of our efforts
• Opportunity galore. Want to work above your “title”? Get involved in a project you know nothing about? Build a practice group or expertise? Learn how to run a business? Let’s do it. We are looking for professionals who want to be the best in the industry.
• Our international network, https://eccointernational.com, provides us with overseas clients and colleague exchanges. One team member recently spent a month in Australia.
The agency is currently seeking an ambitious, fearless, savvy and energetic associate for a unique position in our New York office.
As a member of the O’Malley Hansen team, the associate will support strategic, creative and results-driven communications programs for a variety of national brand accounts and represent the established OHC brand in the industry’s biggest market. Candidates should possess communication skills and be able to work independently and handle multiple roles. Agency experience is highly preferred.
• Draft materials including press releases, case studies, executive bios, newsletter content, social media content, and speaking proposals
• Develop media materials, key messages, fact sheets and other collateral material, as needed
• Work with teams to develop content ideas and communication strategies
• Serve as point of contact for internal and external clients
• Represent OHC at industry events
• 1-3 years communications experience, preferably in an agency environment
• Exceptional presentation skills
• Superior writing and editing skills
• Exceptional project management skills and experience
• Highly organized, attention to detail, independently motivated
• Interest in communication and marketing strategy and client satisfaction
• Experience managing social media communication platforms such as Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn, etc.
• Great teamwork and “people” skills
• Video, photography and graphic design skills preferred, but not required
Qualified applicants should send resume and cover letter to O’Malley Hansen Communications with subject line: NYC ASSOCIATE at firstname.lastname@example.org. Qualified candidates will have an opportunity to interview on Thursday, Jan. 24.