Role: Managing Supervisor or Vice President, Consumer
Location: St. Louis, Mo.
Aren’t all agencies alike? Not by a long shot. O’Malley Hansen set out to be different from the start. We took what we loved and respected from our time at big agencies and left the rest. What you can expect:
- Big brand accounts, the kind agencies of all sizes envy
- Our international network, https://eccointernational.com, provides us with overseas clients and colleague exchanges – a team member spent a month in Australia last summer
- Client opportunities that put team members in Hawaii, at the Super Bowl repeatedly or in Ellen’s chair
- Lack of silos – one P&L means we share work across offices and practice groups
- Opportunity galore. Want to work above your “title”? Get involved in a project you know nothing about? Build a practice group or expertise? Let’s do it. We are looking for professionals who want to be the best in the industry.
The agency is seeking candidates with 8-10+ years of direct public relations and social media experience for a position in our consumer practice.
In this client-facing role, you will be responsible for developing and fostering a strong connection with clients on a day-to-day basis and leading a portfolio of consumer accounts. In addition, you will work with a cross-functional team in Chicago, New York and other members of the consumer team in our St. Louis office.
Candidates should possess strong communication skills and be able to handle multiple roles, write effectively and be a positive member of an account team. The selected candidate will lead accounts, mentor staff and be engaged in OHC new business efforts. Occasional travel is to be expected.
- Ability to determine and translate a client’s business value and messaging into an effective traditional and digital media presence
- 8 to 10+ years of direct public relations experience; agency and consumer experience preferred
- Understanding of what it takes to execute a compelling PR campaign – and see it through from conception to completion
- Experience with executing integrated social media campaigns
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Solid working understanding of traditional and online media
- Ability to quickly develop and maintain good working relationships with clients, media and key influencers
- Can work independently and as part of a team
- Strong attention to detail
- Commitment to the agency’s – as well as personal – success
- Able to integrate into large and small teams; adapt to their environment
- Work in Word, PowerPoint, Excel and Outlook, as well as media databases and monitoring tools
- Client counsel and management on a daily basis
- Project planning, tracking and coordination of accounts
- Writing: client correspondence, media and campaign materials
- Develop and execute media programs
- Campaign measurement and reporting
- Media relations for new products, PR campaigns, etc.
- Social media engagement on behalf of clients
- Junior team mentorship and oversight
- New business development and participation
O’Malley Hansen Communications is an agency focused on building brand visibility and company reputation through consumer marketing, corporate communications, social media, employee engagement and influencer outreach. With team members in St. Louis, Chicago, NYC, LA and Madison, OHC is made up of professionals with experience in agency, corporate, government and association environments providing superior client service to our growing list of marquee clients.
Qualified applicants should send resume and cover letter to: email@example.com with subject line: St. Louis Talent