Location: St. Louis, Mo.
Aren’t all agencies alike? Not by a long shot. O’Malley Hansen set out to be different from the start. We took what we loved and respected from our time at big agencies and left the rest. What you can expect:
- Big brand accounts, the kind agencies of all sizes envy
- Our international network, https://eccointernational.com, provides us with overseas clients and colleague exchanges – a team member spent a month in Australia last summer
- Client opportunities that put team members in Hawaii, at the Super Bowl repeatedly or in Ellen’s chair
- Lack of silos – one P&L means we share work across offices and practice groups
- Opportunity galore. Want to work above your “title”? Get involved in a project you know nothing about? Build a practice group or expertise? Let’s do it. We are looking for professionals who want to be the best in the industry.
The agency is currently seeking a full-time public relations intern candidate in our St. Louis office.
O’Malley Hansen offers paid internship opportunities to college students and recent graduates (preferred). Interns work directly with OHC staff on a wide range of communications functions. Interns can expect to gain hands on, real world experience in public relations and serve as an extension of the full-time staff.
Candidates should possess strong communication skills and be able to handle multiple roles, write effectively and move quickly between tasks. A strong understanding of social media is highly desired. OHC interns are expected to be well organized and fast learners. Backgrounds in journalism, communications, PR, marketing, advertising and business management are preferred, but not required. Candidates must have completed their junior year in college. Previous internship experiences a plus, but not required.
Responsibilities could include:
• Building media lists
• Media monitoring
• Pitching media
• Compiling research backgrounders
• Monitoring and managing social media networks
• Drafting/editing media materials
• Participating in creative brainstorms
• Coordinating and staffing events
• Providing general office assistance
O’Malley Hansen Communications is an agency focused on building brand visibility and company reputation through consumer marketing, corporate communications, social media, employee engagement and influencer outreach. With team members in St. Louis, Chicago, NYC, LA and Madison, OHC is made up of professionals with experience in agency, corporate, government and association environments providing superior client service to our growing list of marquee clients.
Qualified applicants should send resume and cover letter to:
Email: email@example.com or US Mail: 6677 Delmar Blvd., Ste. 200, St. Louis, MO 63130, Attn: Intern Coordinator